Sunday, March 27, 2011

Missed...

Ah, the things I've missed.  Where do I start?  Well, if you know me, then you know that I spend a lot of time with a couple things.  As of late I haven't been able to get on my bike, get in the pool, or go for a run.  To say that I miss these things is a little ridiculous to some people.  But for me, these three things are what I look forward to everyday.  As a friend of mine remarked about a new photo I posted on FB, "I saw you taking pics, looked like you were in love."  I was taking pictures of my bike.

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the snowball that started this all... My first triathlon.  SuperSeal to be exact.  I competed in bike shorts and a T shirt for the bike, and board shorts and no shirt for the run (man I was cool).  I was hooked.  Last year on this day, the snowball getting pretty large,  I set a PR at the half iron distance.  SuperFrog.  4th out of the water overall, and led until about the middle of the run.  I was even more hooked.  This year I would have loved to have done SuperSeal to mark the anniversary and to warm up for IM St George.  But as you probably know I have a large scar on my shoulder and some metal holding my collarbone together, and can't do either.  It's been about a 4 weeks since the surgery.  What would have really made it better was that the guy that passed me on the run with less than a mile to go at SDIT last year raced here today. Revenge..  Oh well.

Instead of racing, today I got on my bike.  I rode my trainer for really the first time (last night didn't count).  It felt great.  I never thought I'd enjoy riding my bike inside on a sunny day.  I found a smile on my face right away.  It went so well in fact that I went to the Y right after and slid into the pool.  As soon as I did, I realized I didn't know what to do.  So I kicked.  I kicked some more, and then I kicked a little more after that.  (The new Aqua Sphere goggles were very comfortable, and they have a pink strap) It felt so great to be in the water again.  I have really missed that.  Alot.

This morning made a mistake,  I went to Costco around 10.  Terrible time to go to there.  No samples, lot's of old people.  That took forever.  I don't miss that.  But now I can cook again.  I haven't been doing this a lot lately.  I blame it on my bum wing (thanks Cory).  Something fresh off the grill and lunch for tomorrow.  Great.

Finally, I think my motivation is back.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Up at 5 to go for a run.  We'll see if that's a good idea.

This coming weekend is the start of Ironman expo's that are going to take me all of the country.  Spending tons of time on the road and training should be a fun balance.  Loving my new job.

These are a few of the things I have missed.  Training, cooking, enjoying work...

Trainer party anybody?  

Starting to get better, faster, and stronger...

-jake
Always Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment